Upgrading to new versions is as important as developing a product you desire. Magento was released way back in 2008 aiming to reach out to small and medium-sized E-commerce businesses. Magento was being used for all e-commerce platforms as it was efficient and had few features
- The admin panel that can be created using Magento was one of the user-friendly ones we’ve come across. The admin could efficiently manage the store.
- Ability to manage multiple storefronts, multi-language and multi-currency support, Search engine friendly.
- We could customize everything we wanted to implement on the e-commerce website.
Why migrate to Magento 2?
In recent times the newly-minted Magento 2 was released that was a great help to overcome few cons or challenges that were faced in Magento. In Magento 2 there are few add-ons, enhancements that added to the overall performance. It also brought up new solutions to improve existing e-commerce websites. We are seasoned in migration from Magento to Magento 2. Migration from Magento to Magento 2 is recommended for the following reasons.
Enhanced Features :
- New PayPal and Brain tree features that would empower you to streamline purchases and business processes.
- New shopper experience features
- Framework Improvements
- Magento 2 is capable of taking more orders and page views per hour compared to Magento.
- Quality extensions for Magento 2
- Quarterly platform updates
- Performance Enhancement
- Magento 2 has a lot of admin panel enhancements and features.
- Up to 50% raise in the loading speed on checkout pages compared to Magento.
- The reduction in the page loading speed helps the user to visit the page in seconds and perform actions quickly.
- Magento 2 helps overcome the challenges faced due to security by incorporating safer data storage practices and secure payment gateways for clients and users.
- Magento 2 is boosted with security features when compared to Magento.
Things To Consider Before Migrating:
Check your server compatibility :
Before migrating from Magento to Magento 2, we could assist you in analyzing your server capabilities as server requirements are different for magento2. We would also provide solutions if there is any mismatch in the server specifications.
Theme Migration :
Magento 2 has new enhanced themes introduced that would boost the user’s shopping and store experience. As Magento 2 themes differ from Magento 1 themes, it cannot be directly migrated however we can make changes to the current ones to make it compatible with the Magento 2 standards or Utilize the new Magento 2 themes.
Extension Migration :
Magento 1 extensions would not be compatible with magento2 however we would be able to develop the application from scratch and match it according to your requirements.
We would analyze your existing store and take a full backup of your Magento 1 store including folders, files, database or other important files before migrating.
Conclude on the functionalities :
Before migrating from Magento to Magento 2, It would be required for you to decide on the functionalities that need to be added to the upgraded site. A review on the site at this time would eliminate all existing redundant features or extensions.
In order to adapt to the changing trends in the industry, it is important to incorporate these upgrades in order to cater your customer needs. We would provide you with a hassle-free migration process from Magento to Magento 2 in order to help you feel the enhanced look and performance of your website.
Guest Author: Jeevan Kumar is A technology enthusiast and strong believer in agile product development. He is a Senior Content Strategist of Fortunesoft IT Innovations a leading Magento Development Company. A Computer Engineer by education and a technology adherent by passion. His interest in computers & the internet has made him a self-proclaimed geek.