Move over, great content. It is the age of the visuals, and the stats demonstrate that the scales are currently tipped in favour of interactive and engaging visual content more than anything else.
Sure, nothing beats a great copy that is detailed, incisive, useful and relatable. However, if you top it off with some cool infographics, the chances are that it will turn viral in a matter of days.
Visual content has taken the world by a storm. Leading content marketers all over the globe are thus jumping the bandwagon to dish out more visual content in their copies to cater to the millions of readers who follow their posts closely. One look at the recent posts from HuffPost, Buzzfeed, and Mashable, and you will know what I am talking about.
The best thing to do at this point is to stay abreast of this new trend in content marketing. Here are 28 visual content marketing stats that prove that it is here to stay.
Visual Content And First Impressions
1. Readers can retain only 20% of text without visuals.
2. Almost 81% of the average educated readers only skim the content on the web, reading 20% (or less) of the entire post on a single website visit.
3. It takes less than 8 seconds for a person to get distracted and move on to something else on the web when reading content sans visuals.
4. As visual IQ sees a marked rise in human brains, almost 84% of all communication will take a visual form in 2018.
5. Visual content (such as pictures) witnesses 650% higher engagement rates than text-only posts on the Internet.
6. It takes as little as 50 milliseconds for readers to form the first impression while on the Internet.
7. This year, almost 79% of all content shared across the Internet will contain videos, if trends are anything to go by.
Visual Content And Social Media
8. Posts containing videos rank 3 times higher in terms of inbound links than text-only posts.
9. Tumblr, Instagram and Pinterest active user base has recorded 120%, 64% and 111% growth rates respectively in 2017.
10. 87% of the entire brand engagement game on Facebook found favour with posts having images.
11. The average Facebook News Feed is thus flooded with 3.6 times more video content than before.
12. Articles containing an image very 100 words are twice more likely to be shared across social media platforms than text-only articles.
13. Facebook users all over the globe watch around 8 billion videos per day and most of them (85%) are watched without sound.
14. Tweets containing images have recorded a marked increase in engagement too (150% more retweets and 18% more clicks for posts containing visual content)
The Power Of Infographics And Videos
15. 76.5% of small business owners and marketers agree that video marketing has had a positive impact on their businesses.
16. Consumers are 4 times likelier to watch a product video than read a text-only post about the same.
17. Infographics garner 3 times more likes and shares on social media than any other type of content.
18. The use of the word ‘video’ in the subject line has resulted in 19% higher open rates and 65% higher click-through rates.
19. Posts containing infographics that teach them to do something (or ‘instructables’) are 323% more effective for the readers than a text-only instructional post.
20. A whopping majority of YouTube users (86%) watch videos to learn something new which has made “how-to” videos the most popular category of videos on YouTube. Additionally, more than 70% of them watch videos to find solutions to a problem regarding their job, studies or pastimes.
21. Facebook posts containing images record 2.3 times more engagement rates than those without images.
Emerging trends in visual content marketing
22. Most consumers (about 87%) are more likely to engage with visual content shared by an industry influencer.
23. 94% of B2B marketers and 96% of B2C marketers use social media posts for their marketing campaigns.
24. Cisco projects 82% of all Internet traffic will generate from video content while the use of live video will increase around 15 times by 2021.
25. More than 84% of all web communication with users and buyers consist of visual content.
26. 74% marketers use visual content (memes, infographics, images, videos, instructables) for their social media posts.
27. With Instagram, Tumblr and Pinterest emerging as hubs for visual content marketing, leading marketers stress on the importance of consistency with 60% of the top brands using a consistent filter for Instagram.
28. Smartphones are becoming the most preferred device for viewing videos and other visual content. 51% of videos are played on mobile devices while 85% of adults take in visual content on different gadgets at the same time. This has made way for the multi-channel integration of visual content in the content marketing domain.
Wrapping it up
Visual content is found to be way more effective if you wish to leave a mark in the minds of the consumers. Be it images, infographics, diagrams, or videos – they help the human brain to retain and process the information presented faster and more effectively.
Achieving simple marketing goals such as brand recall and building brand credibility is thus made an easy breeze when you introduce visual content in your content marketing agenda. Incorporating visual content in your regular posts and creating more infographics or video-based posts is thus one of the best ways to stay updated with the latest trend that is sweeping content marketing. Images, videos and infographics can thus be the icing on the cake for that next superb piece of content that you dish out.
Guest Author: Siena William is an entrepreneur and activist of women’s rights. She has pursued her MBA from Australian National University. She has recently joined Assignment Help Company as a writing expert.